Close Menu
News JournosNews Journos
  • World
  • U.S. News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Europe News
  • Finance
  • Turkey Reports
  • Money Watch
  • Health
Editors Picks

Costco Seeks Tariff Refunds from Trump Administration Ahead of Supreme Court Decision

December 1, 2025

Trump Administration’s AmeriCorps Cuts Spur Concerns of Damage and Disruption

May 8, 2025

Vaping Lobbyist with CCP Ties Pressures Trump to Protect ‘Illicit’ Industry

April 5, 2025

Bug Causes iPhone Voice-to-Text to Misinterpret ‘Racist’ as ‘Trump’

February 25, 2025

Judge Blocks Trump Administration from Reducing School Funding Related to DEI Initiatives

April 25, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Latest Headlines:
  • Prosecutors Urge Trial and Death Penalty in Charlie Kirk Murder Case
  • San Diego Sheriff Ends ICE Training Access While Supporting CBP Otay Range Use
  • Up to 40 Looters Ransack Bellflower Family Market During Street Takeover
  • Ohio Mother of Three Dies After Tree Falls on SUV Along U.S. Route 30
  • Woman Fatally Stabbed Near Great Falls Trail in McLean, Virginia
  • FAA Investigates Two Blown-Tire Incidents at Chicago O’Hare
  • Accused Virginia Murderer Fled to Tajikistan on 48-Hour Mental Health Pass
  • Lawrence Mayor Arrested for COVID Relief Fraud
  • Alex Murdaugh Seeks Richland County Venue for 2027 Retrial
  • Ohio Trench Collapse Killed Worker After Safety Warnings, Investigation Says
  • Masked Man Sought After Allegedly Chasing Residents Near Philadelphia City Hall
  • Lindsay Clancy Trial: Family Described Severe Mental Health Decline Before Children’s Deaths
  • CBP Seizes $67 Million in Drugs at San Diego Border Ports
  • Democratic Party Divisions, Campus Scandal and Top Headlines for August 18
  • Nancy Guthrie Ransom Notes Show Writing Quirks That May Aid Investigation
  • American Tourist Dies from Lightning Strike on Mount Etna in Italy
  • Solar Team Eindhoven Launches Stella Juva, a Solar-Powered Mobile Clinic
  • Virginia Man Escapes to Avoid Murder Charges During Hospital Leave
  • Spain Investigates Shotgun Wounds Found on Iberian Orca
  • Mudslide from Former Hurricane Lala Destroys Homes on Hawaii’s Big Island
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News JournosNews Journos
Subscribe
Tuesday, August 18
  • World
  • U.S. News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Europe News
  • Finance
  • Turkey Reports
  • Money Watch
  • Health
News JournosNews Journos
You are here: News Journos » U.S. News » Up to 40 Looters Ransack Bellflower Family Market During Street Takeover
Up to 40 Looters Ransack Bellflower Family Market During Street Takeover

Up to 40 Looters Ransack Bellflower Family Market During Street Takeover

News EditorBy News EditorAugust 18, 2026 U.S. News 5 Mins Read

A family-run convenience store in Bellflower, California, suffered an estimated $30,000 in losses after a group looted the business during a massive street takeover over the weekend. Surveillance footage showed three suspects using power tools to break through a window and cut a security gate lock. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said as many as 40 additional people entered the store and ransacked it for about two minutes. Deputies issued citations connected to the street takeover, but no arrests had been made in the burglary because investigators could not directly link anyone at the scene to the break-in.

The incident left shattered glass, damaged security equipment, scattered inventory and broken display cases inside A-Z Market on Bellflower Boulevard in southeast Los Angeles County. The store’s owners are seeking public assistance as authorities work to identify those involved.

Article Subheadings
1) Market is breached during Bellflower street takeover
2) Surveillance shows coordinated entry and looting
3) Damage and losses affect family-run business
4) Investigators seek help while burglary arrests remain pending
5) Incident follows another Los Angeles-area business burglary

Market is breached during Bellflower street takeover

A-Z Market, a family-run convenience store on Bellflower Boulevard, was targeted while a large street takeover was taking place in the surrounding area. The event occurred over the weekend in Bellflower, a city in southeast Los Angeles County. The takeover reportedly disrupted access to the area, and emergency responders were unable to reach the business immediately after the break-in. The connection between the takeover crowd and the burglary is under investigation.

The owners said the store is both their livelihood and a business established to serve the local community. The incident therefore created both immediate physical damage and a significant financial burden for the family.

Surveillance shows coordinated entry and looting

Surveillance video reviewed by investigators showed three suspects using tools to break the glass in the front window and cut the lock on the store’s security gate. Once the entry point was opened, as many as 40 additional suspects entered the market, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

The group remained inside for approximately two minutes, taking merchandise before dispersing into the larger street takeover crowd. The footage and post-incident images are expected to help investigators determine who participated and how the group moved through the store. Authorities are asking members of the public with information to come forward.

Damage and losses affect family-run business

The family estimated total losses at $30,000, combining stolen merchandise with the cost of repairing the property. Images from inside the market showed ransacked aisles, scattered products, broken display cases and other structural damage. The front window and security gate were also damaged during the forced entry.

A group of individuals used power tools to break through our front window and security gate.

The family has sought financial support to help cover the losses and restore the store. The owners described A-Z Market as more than a retail location, emphasizing the years of work invested in building the business and serving nearby residents.

Investigators seek help while burglary arrests remain pending

Authorities issued multiple citations related to the street takeover, but no one had been arrested for the market burglary as of the latest report. Deputies said they could not directly connect people present at the scene to the forced entry and theft. That distinction has left investigators seeking additional evidence, including video, photographs and witness accounts.

The case involves several distinct actions, including the initial breach with power tools, the entry of the larger group and the removal of merchandise. Investigators will need to identify individuals and establish their roles before burglary charges can be pursued.

Incident follows another Los Angeles-area business burglary

The Bellflower break-in occurred days after a separate mob-style burglary at an AutoZone in East Los Angeles. In that case, 26 suspects allegedly entered the business and caused substantial damage and losses. Investigators believe the AutoZone was robbed on two consecutive days.

The earlier incident provides additional context for concerns about coordinated group burglaries affecting businesses in the Los Angeles area. However, the available information does not establish that the same individuals were involved in both cases. Each incident remains subject to separate investigation.

No. Key Point
1 A-Z Market in Bellflower was looted during a street takeover.
2 Surveillance showed three suspects breaching the store before up to 40 others entered.
3 The family estimated combined stolen goods and property damage at $30,000.
4 Street takeover citations were issued, but no burglary arrests had been made.
5 The break-in followed a separate alleged burglary at an East Los Angeles AutoZone.

Summary

A-Z Market was damaged and looted during a Bellflower street takeover after suspects used power tools to force entry. Investigators are seeking public assistance to identify the people shown in surveillance footage. The family faces an estimated $30,000 in losses, while the burglary investigation remains open and separate from citations issued over the street takeover.

Frequently Asked Questions

What happened at A-Z Market?

A group broke into the family-run convenience store in Bellflower during a street takeover and removed merchandise after damaging the front window and security gate.

How many people were seen entering the store?

Surveillance showed three suspects forcing entry, followed by as many as 40 additional people who entered and ransacked the business for about two minutes.

What is the estimated cost of the incident?

The family estimated total losses at $30,000, including stolen inventory and damage to the store.

Have any burglary arrests been made?

No burglary arrests had been made in the latest report because deputies said they could not directly connect anyone at the scene to the break-in.

Bellflower Business burglary California crime Looting Los Angeles County Street Takeover
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit WhatsApp Copy Link Bluesky
News Editor
  • Website

As the News Editor at News Journos, I am dedicated to curating and delivering the latest and most impactful stories across business, finance, politics, technology, and global affairs. With a commitment to journalistic integrity, we provide breaking news, in-depth analysis, and expert insights to keep our readers informed in an ever-changing world. News Journos is your go-to independent news source, ensuring fast, accurate, and reliable reporting on the topics that matter most.

Keep Reading

U.S. News

Prosecutors Urge Trial and Death Penalty in Charlie Kirk Murder Case

5 Mins Read
U.S. News

San Diego Sheriff Ends ICE Training Access While Supporting CBP Otay Range Use

5 Mins Read
U.S. News

Ohio Mother of Three Dies After Tree Falls on SUV Along U.S. Route 30

5 Mins Read
U.S. News

Woman Fatally Stabbed Near Great Falls Trail in McLean, Virginia

4 Mins Read
U.S. News

FAA Investigates Two Blown-Tire Incidents at Chicago O’Hare

4 Mins Read
U.S. News

Accused Virginia Murderer Fled to Tajikistan on 48-Hour Mental Health Pass

5 Mins Read
Journalism Under Siege
Editors Picks

South Carolina Man Arrested for Threats Against Trump

March 7, 2025

House GOP Seeks Stopgap Bill to Prevent Government Shutdown Amid Trump Meetings with Holdouts

March 5, 2025

Trump and Paramount Settle “60 Minutes” Lawsuit for $16 Million

July 1, 2025

Economists Debate Impact of Trump Tariffs on Consumer Prices

April 1, 2025

Trump Proposal Benefits Wealthy While Burdening Low Earners, Reports Yale

July 1, 2025

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • World
  • U.S. News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Europe News
  • Finance
  • Money Watch

Journos

  • Top Stories
  • Turkey Reports
  • Health
  • Tech
  • Sports
  • Entertainment

COMPANY

  • About Us
  • Get In Touch
  • Our Authors
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Accessibility

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

© 2026 The News Journos. Designed by The News Journos.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Ad Blocker Enabled!
Ad Blocker Enabled!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.
Go to mobile version